[ExI] What Makes People Vote Republican

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Sun Sep 21 18:09:20 UTC 2008

BillK writes

> Well, judging by the reaction to Bush's bail out of the millionaire bankers,
> McCain seems to be taking the populist position of protesting against
> bailing out these rich East Coast bankers while Obama is going along
> with it but asking for some help for people struggling to pay their
> mortgages.

Hmm, thanks for that. Odd, the snippets I've heard (I try not to
waste time listening to all this crap) were suggesting to me that
McCain was just as retarded as the Democrats on economic
issues (except for his rather strikingly praiseworthy history of
*never* having supported an earmark!).

> If Obama sticks with this position he will be handing the election on
> a plate to McCain.

The snippets I hear on radio show the media in full swing and
using the race card at full potential. I heard today the
*opinion* (!) of the person reading the news that if Obama
loses, it will be because of "one-third of Democratic voters
admit to having a problem with a black candidate", a claimed
result of one of the usual very dubious polls (of the kind
commissioned by both sides) about this time every election
year (always worded so as to get the intended and desired
response).

> (Not that McCain would do much different if he was in power, but he
> knows what to say to get a landslide of support going his way).

Aw, you're just trying to cheer me up. But thanks anyway  :-)

Lee