[ExI] To Arms!

Fred C. Moulton moulton at moulton.com
Wed Apr 1 02:52:28 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-01 at 02:06 +0200, painlord2k at libero.it wrote:
> Il 31/03/2009 8.42, Fred C. Moulton ha scritto:
>
> > At least one utility is to make sure that anyone who by chance stumbled
> > onto this exchange would realize that your position is not an Extropian
> > position and is in fact extremely non-Extropian.  I would not want a
> > reporter on a deadline to be following links or doing some google
> > searches and to read your posts and mistakenly think that the views you
> > have stated about France and Muslim expulsion are in any way
> > representative of Extropian thought.
>
> I don't know if it is unextropian to let a death cult to flourish inside
> your nation, feeding on your works, and letting it to grow stronger
> until is able to take the power and kill anyone that oppose it.

First to state the obvious; the issue under discussion is the expulsion
of all Muslims from France and to imply that the Muslims in France taken
as an aggregate comprise a death cult is a false implication.  Not
trivially false but profoundly false.  Islam is not some monolithic
whole.  To try to extrapolate from the actions of a few to the larger
group is in this case profoundly false.  It has no more validity than to
say that Christians in the USA are a death cult because of the actions
of some in the 1980s and 1990s.

> Paraphrasing a Supreme Justice "Extropy is not a death pact".

Extropy is not an excuse to post obviously false and misleading crap to
the extropy-chat list.  This list seems to have the misfortune of having
attracted persons who do not hold Extropian values.

I won't bother with a reply to the rest of your message because you
totally missed the point and I am getting tired of pointing out obvious
errors.

What I would say to anyone who seriously advocates that France expel all
Muslims is that they might want to consider consulting professional
psychological help.  I am not attempting to diagnose anyone, I do not
know if they are seriously delusional, I do not know if they are simply
making outrageous statements in order to gain attention, I do not know
if they simply enjoy being a pest.  Perhaps there is another explanation
for them making such posts.  It just might be a reason for concern for
someone to be advocating an action (involuntary deportation of innocent
civilians) which has commonly been considered a Crime against Humanity
since the Nuremberg trials.

Fred