[ExI] To Arms!

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 14:14:34 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 2:00 PM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Norway, Denmark and Sweden are still below the replacement level of 2.1.
> Namely, 1.78, 1.74, 1.67.

Yes. But I was speaking just of comparative trends, and even though I cannot
point to some source from the top of my head, I believe to remember that
such rates are both improved in comparison with the past, and better in
comparison with other areas. Or at least their acceleration.

> Note that these are overall statistic
> This characteristic of immigrant families having larger families is
> expected to reduce within a few generations as they become more
> adjusted to their new country, adopt a similar lifestyle and their
> female children start to expect the same rights as other women in the
> country.

... which, according to the idea of immigration as a necessary resource to
fight demographic decline, would require additional imports of human cattle,
making in the process permanent the lack of "integration" thereof and the
externalisation of the involved social costs by the businesses possibly
employing them.

--
Stefano Vaj