[ExI] Muslim Threat to Europe- Don't Buy All the Hype

painlord2k at libero.it painlord2k at libero.it
Sat Apr 11 11:21:39 UTC 2009

Il 10/04/2009 20.13, Eschatoon Magic ha scritto:

> I just want to prove that we are not better than them.

To clarify for me, please.
Are we a cult that preach to conquer the world and destroy anyone and
anything that resist to us? Willing to delete any and all proof and
records of whatever happened before us? Do we preach submission or death
to anyone with different believes?

> History proves it.

History prove anything and the opposite.

> Of course, if I am attacked, I will have to protect myself. If they
> shoot at us, we will have to shoot at them.

Do you wait until the projectile in in the air to act and the blade is
cutting your neck?
Do you wait until the blade is drawn out? The guns pointed at you?
Do you wait until they have the weapons?
Do you wait until they have deliberated to attack you and you know of it?

> But don't give me crap about us being better than them, because we are
> not.

When in a war, it is unimportant who is right, only who is left.
And only people with scarce self-esteem need to prove to others they are
better then someone else. It can be useful to check, sometimes, to not
be wrong.

> We are al humans. Humans are nasty to each other and fight.

Sometimes, sometimes not. We must be prepared to both the possibilities.

> Let's
> acknowledge this basic Darwinian fact and hope to become able to do
> something about it, but without any "ethical" crap about the alleged
> superiority of our culture.

Our culture have a few features that are better (for me and I suppose
you) than the Islamic. The ethics are a construct, like mathematics.
Different axioms lead to different conclusion.
Like many types of mathematics, many types of ethics are useful to
obtain nothing or are self-contradictory.
But, usually, ethics are developed for utilitarian goals: the ethics of
a group is needed to keep regulate the in-group and out-group relations
so the trust is maximized and the group obtain an advantage in the long
run. We can judge the "superiority" of an ethics system in this way. But
it is relative to other groups, not absolute. And the changing of
conditions can change the fitness of the groups and what ethics are
successful.

Mirco