[ExI] The Evils of the West (was Re: Muslim Threat to Europe- Don't Buy All the Hype)

painlord2k at libero.it painlord2k at libero.it
Mon Apr 13 11:44:13 UTC 2009

Il 13/04/2009 11.10, Eschatoon Magic ha scritto:
> Thanks Lee for this very smart observation. It is kind of obvious,
> but obvious things often need being spelled out so that they are not
>  forgotten.
>
> Many of "us" are nice people... because we can afford it. In the
> past, when we could not afford it, we were not nice. Many fellow
> human beings born in other cultures still cannot afford being nice,
> and they are not nice. Many fellow human beings born in _our_
> culture still cannot afford being nice, and they are not nice. Simple
> as that.

> It follows that we should do our very best to give everyone the
> possibility to be a nice person.

"Be nice" is a possibility we give to people when we are not causing
harm to them or are not interested to harm them. Then they can choose to
"be nice" or "be indifferent" (that is much better than "be violent").

But, in many cultures "be nice" is synonymous of "be weak" or "be dead"
or "be damned". And many will regard nice people like present or future
preys. Or will act under the conviction that it is their duty to do
something "not nice" or that they must be "not nice" as a way to protect
themselves from their peers.

> [002:216]  Warfare is ordained for you, though it is hateful unto
> you; but it may happen that ye hate a thing which is good for you,
> and it may happen that ye love a thing which is bad for you. Allah
> knoweth, ye know not.

Mirco