[ExI] Where’s my body’s Control Panel?

John K Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 13 20:00:09 UTC 2009

"Dan" <dan_ust at yahoo.com>

> It's conceivable, e.g., that humans could've started settling space or
> other planets decades ago -- in other words, long before they could
> seriously attempt something like a body control panel.

That may  be conceivable to you but it isn’t to me. Certainly talking about
“decades” is completely inappropriate when talking about the sort of
thing where even 50 million years is just a blink of an eye.

I think the fundamental difference between you and me is that I think
intelligence is capable of engineering the galaxy and perhaps the universe;
you don’t. If I’m right then a blind man in a fog bank could detect the
existence of ET. So where the hell is he? It seems to me that either we’re
the first or there is a hidden disaster of some sort that slaps down all
intelligent races when they get too smart. Perhaps that hidden disaster is
the control panel, or to call it by another name drug addiction.

 John K Clark