[ExI] META: A modest proposal for the Extropy-Chat list

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Thu Apr 30 16:29:42 UTC 2009

Could be.  I'm not sure.  List behavior, like life in general, has its ups
and downs and perhaps we just need more ideas to bit into.  I mean, how long
can we talk about the same old ideas from the same perspective?  We have
been in existence since the early 90s.  I do not think because 'gene is not
on the list that its quality is down.  He is genuinely brilliant,
provocative, informative and no nonsense, but there are so many list members
who have the same characteristics. Maybe because Extropy Institute is not
longer in business there is no formal project to get involved in, or maybe
because the early ideas are not mainstream, or maybe because we don't have
to defend ourselves against attacks from WTA any more, or because TED has
taken the baton of the future and marketed it, or that Kurzweil has created
his own philosophically/pragmatically transhumanist business and not
included many transhumanists, I do not know.  BUT, personally I like this.
It is a very good sign.  We ought to be taking bigger bits of the present,
near future and far future.

But you can be darn sure that members who are aggitating the list, Max or
Spike does not help.

Natasha

Nlogo1.tif Natasha Vita-More