[ExI] Military aims for instant repair of wartime wounds

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 03:25:10 UTC 2009

Damien wrote:
Whatever one is, I rather doubt Darpa will sell it to you unless you're
military, an official torturer or a cop. Being in possession of one would
probably be evidence enough that you're a terrorist deserving of 1000 years
in prison with no trial.

A concern I have is that as personal high tech weapons/armor get more and
more incredibly sophisticated and powerful, that only the military and
police (across the globe) will be allowed access to them.  And so as a
result the common citizenry will be vulnerable to abuse, on a scale never
before seen.  It will be sort of like having comic book-style super
heroes/villains running around.

John