[ExI] Military aims for instant repair of wartime wounds

Henrique Moraes Machado cetico.iconoclasta at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 14:11:17 UTC 2009

 John Grigg>>A concern I have is that as personal high tech weapons/armor
get more and more incredibly sophisticated and
>>powerful, that only the military and police (across the globe) will be
>>allowed access to them.
>>And so as a result the common citizenry will be vulnerable to abuse, on a
>>scale never before seen.
>>It will be sort of like having comic book-style super heroes/villains
>>running around.

A valid concern. But advanced weapons will happen. If not by Darpa, by
someone else. I don't see how it can be prevented.
But advanced weapons or the lack of them is not related to abuse of
citizenry in my POV. See the brittish government for instance which seems to
be bent on turning England into an orwellian state.