[ExI] Sea level rise (was: Curves on a graph (was Re:RichardLindzen on climatehysteria))

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Fri Aug 7 09:48:17 UTC 2009

BillK ha scritto:
> On 8/7/09, Mirco Romanato wrote: <snip>
>> Glaciers in Norway Growing Again
>> http://www.iceagenow.com/Glaciers_in_Norway_Growing_Again.htm
>>
>> Alaska’s ice thickens over unusual summer
>> http://www.iceagenow.com/Alaska_ice_thickens_over_unusual_summer.htm
>>

>> California Glaciers Growing …
>> http://www.iceagenow.com/California_Glaciers_Growing.htm

> iceagenow is a junk science web site created by one man to promote
> his self-published book.

> <http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2005/may/10/environment.columnists>
>  Quote: It is hard to convey just how selective you have to be to
> dismiss the evidence for climate change. You must climb over a
> mountain of evidence to pick up a crumb: a crumb which then
> disintegrates in the palm of your hand. You must ignore an entire
> canon of science, the statements of the world's most eminent
> scientific institutions, and thousands of papers published in the
> foremost scientific journals. You must, if you are David Bellamy,
> embrace instead the claims of an eccentric former architect, which
> are based on what appears to be a non-existent data set. And you must
> do all this while calling yourself a scientist.

Well, I don't support this particular person on his particular theories.
I was looking for facts and hard data.
You don't wrote anywhere that these facts are false or incorrectly
interpreted. Your was only an ad ominem attack.

http://www.dailytech.com/Glaciers+in+Norway+Growing+Again/article13540.htm
Glaciers in Norway Growing Again

http://www.dailytech.com/Alaskan+Glaciers+Grow+for+First+Time+in+250+years/article13215.htm
Alaskan Glaciers Grow for First Time in 250 years

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/environment/2008-07-08-mt-shasta-growing-glaciers_N.htm
Glaciers on California's Mt. Shasta keep growing

> The Sierra's 498 ice formations — glaciers and ice fields — have
> shrunk by about half their size over the past 100 years, with those
> exposed to direct sunlight shrinking fastest, said Andrew Fountain, a
> geology professor at Portland State University who has inventoried
> the glaciers in the continental U.S. as part of a federal initiative.

How is I continue to find quotes about how the glaciers shrinked for 100
or 250 years. What was the cause of these shrinks?

Mirco