[ExI] META: proper authentication

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Tue Dec 1 11:11:14 UTC 2009

I have been having a problem ever since I returned to the list: the host reva.xtremeunix.com seems to like to bounce my emails, saying "Relaying denied. Proper authentication required."

The reason is likely that I use a wide variety of computers and mailboxes, connecting to Oxford mail servers to send my email. No doubt that looks suspicious to the reva server. But exactly what is needed to get it to accept my email?

("Dear Extropians. I recently got a TransLife X655 body. But when I try to forward motor control to one of my forks some datafield firewalls my exoself, saying that it lacks proper credentials.")

Anders Sandberg,
Future of Humanity Institute
Philosophy Faculty of Oxford University