[ExI] pat condell's latest subtle rant

Ben Zaiboc bbenzai at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 8 12:47:20 UTC 2009

"spike" <spike66 at att.net> observed:

>>On Behalf Of John Clark

>> Atheists have played the Mr. Nice-guy part for a very long time and
the end result is that religious morons crash airliners into skyscrapers;
and the very next day the USA organized a national day of prayer to give
homage to the very mental cancer that caused the disaster... John K Clark

> John this approach lumps all religious memes together.  I would
counter-propose classifying religious thoughtspace into two broad
categories: those which suggest killing unbelievers and those which do not.

Hmm, that leaves precious few religions that do not.  Christianity certainly isn't one of them.  Before you object, consider that the only thing that restrains it is secular law, whereas Islam has no such restraint.  Go back a few hundred years and find a religion that did not practice the killing of unbelievers.  Even Buddhism isn't spotless in this regard.

Ben Zaiboc