[ExI] Tolerance

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 20:47:46 UTC 2009

2009/12/8 Stathis Papaioannou <stathisp at gmail.com>:
>>  If there is no God, then what fills the vacuum left by God's absence? Dawkins or someone else fills the void.

Gods are not created equal.

I certainly do no consider Mr. Dawkins as mine, but I can live very
well with the fact that human beings are bounds to have some kind of
"religious" identity in the very broadest sense of the word. My
problem is that I do not like it to be of a metaphysical,
superstitious, universalist, repressive, escathological,
anti-scientific, anti-promethean, and, yes, ultimately
anti-transhumanist nature as is the case for the Big Monotheistic
Trio.

Especially since even amongst "traditional" religions (let alone other
equally plausibly satisfactory philosophical persuasions) this need
not be the case.

--
Stefano Vaj