[ExI] Tolerance

Anna Taylor femmechakra at yahoo.ca
Wed Dec 9 05:00:32 UTC 2009

--- On Tue, 12/8/09, Post Futurist <p0stfuturist at yahoo.com> wrote:
> But dis ingenuousness may be more social-cohesion promoting than we know. How long would a given couple stay together if they told each other the truth too often?

Well let's try to find out:)

> people tell little 'white' lies all the time to smooth things over.

there is a big difference between being polite and telling a lie.

> But getting back to placebo: placebo may be more potent than we know. Sitting in church for two hours may offer as much (or more) health benefit as taking supplements & pharmaceuticals, or,say, listening to a two hour non-mystical lecture.

Let's define placebo: a control group..damn that sounds pretty religious.

>> I'm sure you can think of plenty of examples where you would bet your
life it was true or bet your life it was untrue, even though you can never be *absolutely* certain of any empirical fact

There have been moments.  After careful calculations you can usually get the truth especially if you search for it:)

Anna:)