[ExI] Tolerance

Post Futurist p0stfuturist at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 9 04:27:46 UTC 2009

Naturally. But disingenuousness may be more social-cohesion promoting than we know. How long would a given couple stay together if they told each other the truth too often? people tell little 'white' lies all the time to smooth things over.
But getting back to placebo:
 placebo may be more potent than we know. Sitting in church for two hours may offer as much (or more) health benefit as taking supplements & pharmaceuticals, or, say, listening to a two hour non-mystical lecture.

I'm sure you can think of plenty of examples where you would bet your
life it was true or bet your life it was untrue, even though you can
never be *absolutely* certain of any empirical fact.