[ExI] Tolerance

moulton at moulton.com moulton at moulton.com
Thu Dec 10 08:32:04 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-12-10 at 07:59 +0100, Giulio Prisco (2nd email) wrote:
> Fundamentalists, of any persuasions, are those intolerant bigots who
> cannot accept that others favor ideas and lifestyles different from
> their own.

I see that Damien has already commented on the term Fundamentalism and
how your use of the term Fundamentalist is not correct; so let us skip
down to this:

> They want to ban crosses and other religious symbols anywhere, not
> only in public buildings and schools, but also in private homes.

I have read many books and periodicals by and about Atheists and Atheism.
I am now and have been for many years a member and/or participant in
various Atheist and Freethought groups, email lists, meetups and
organizations and have attended many events sponsored or organized by
these groups.  I have never met or read about an Atheist who wants to ban
crosses or other religious symbols in private homes.  Not One. Now it
might be possible that you can find one or maybe even a few but I really
doubt that you can find a significant fraction of Atheists who want to
band crosses or religious symbols in private homes.  So if you claim
that there are Atheists who want to ban crosses or other religious
symbols from private homes then provide the details of who, when, where
and with citation information so it can be checked and verified.

So either provide the information or retract your statement.

Fred