[ExI] Tolerance

jameschoate at austin.rr.com jameschoate at austin.rr.com
Thu Dec 10 18:09:01 UTC 2009

---- Post Futurist <p0stfuturist at yahoo.com> wrote:
> No genuine Christian would burglarize a home, just as no real doctor would practice quack medicine.
> It does happen, but is anomalous.

Malarky.

With regard to 'genuine Christian' what does that mean? Strictly one who follows the words of Christ in the 4 gossipals? You're asking us to accept such a broad generalization without justification the conclusion begs the question.

With regard to doctors practicing quack medicine, define quack medicine? At some point just about every medical procedure and drug was quackery if for no other reason than the general accepted norms didn't include it. Consider longevity research (members of such a list as this should be familiar with it) where there are many, if not most, doctors who consider it quackery to take it seriously. Yet we have people gobbling down reverasol and other drugs at an astonishing rate for something that has no clinical trials to actually back it up. Such is the power of faith.

> Have you done any study on the issue?  How about some evidence.

Seems to me you're the one making the exception claims, therefore the exceptional evidence lays on your shoulders.

--
 -- -- -- --
Venimus, Vidimus, Dolavimus

James Choate