[ExI] Zombie

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 12:10:43 UTC 2009

2009/12/30 Ben Zaiboc <bbenzai at yahoo.com>:
> John, Stathis, Stefano, et. al:  Your patience and tenacity is admirable.  I think you may have discovered a zombie among us that's capable of arguing a point without any understanding of its meaning, and who will continue to meaninglessly argue in a repeating loop until entropy overcomes them.
>
> As this list is named for the opposite of entropy, I'd question the utility of prolonging this circular argument any further.  It's starting to remind me of "Dracula: Dead and loving it" where Count Dracula and van Helsing are each determined to have the last word.
>
> At least it has shown that maybe philosophical zombies are possible after all. Or rather that people can have zombie thoughts: syntax without semantics (or is that Post-Modernism?).
>
> Who'd 'a thunk it?
>
> Ben Zaiboc

I don't regret the debate and despite several onlist and offlist
protests, I hope it was interesting for at least some list members.
This subject would have to rank, after all, as one of the most
important for anyone interested in transhumanism. However, I finally
have to concede that you are right and no amount of reasoning will
change Gordon's mind.

--
Stathis Papaioannou