[ExI] Belief in Market Efficiency

painlord2k at libero.it painlord2k at libero.it
Mon Feb 9 01:11:45 UTC 2009

Il 07/02/2009 13.35, Stathis Papaioannou ha scritto:

>>> That's what taxation is.
>> Taxes and willing don't go together well.
>>
>> In the Italian languages a synonymous of "taxes" is "imposte" (the same of
>> "imposed[s]" only a noun and not a verb). There is a reason because they are
>> called so and not "Voluntary donations" or something else.
>
> People willingly vote to be taxed. Consider these options:

People, in Italy, is not allowed to vote in referenda against taxes and
international treaties.
I don't know if, in the USA, is allowed to have referenda against
federal taxes. I suppose not. Giving the need of the states for
financial support from the Federal governments I would say that the
Federal government has an easy way to control the local governments.

And the people can not vote about this.

Mirco