[ExI] undercover at Walmart

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Feb 10 03:04:29 UTC 2009

> ...On Behalf Of Harvey Newstrom
> Subject: Re: [ExI] undercover at Walmart
>
> "spike" <spike66 at att.net> wrote,
> > Remind me, what is it about Walmart?
>
> Try Googling "What is wrong with Walmart."
>
> Also try:
> Google "Walmart is good" - 667 references Google "Walmart is
> bad" - 5290 references Google "Walmart is evil" - 9660 references
>
> --
> Harvey Newstrom <www.HarveyNewstrom.com>

Thanks Harvey.  I see a possible problem with this google approach however.
Only those who actually shop at Walmart should be consulted, ja?  Perhaps
the typical satisfied Walmart customer has no computer?  Or cannot write?
Perhaps many who wrote "Walmart is evil" are retail competitors?

It is easy to estimate a typical Walmart flow rate of 5 customers per
minute, so about 300 per hour or perhaps 2000 per day per Walmart, taking
into account slow shopping hours.  If we assume 1000 Walmarts in the US,
which I expect is low, that's about a couple million shoppers go to Walmart
per day.  One can assume those who patronize Walmart are in the "Walmart is
good" column, otherwise they would take their trade elsewhere.  This is
against 10 thousand people who posted that Walmart is evil.  Walmart wins,
200 to 1.

Their website claims Walmart has saved American families over 31 billion
dollars this year.

http://www.savemoneylivebetter.com/

That stunning figure is nearly four percent (!) of the amount the government
is proposing to spend on a stimulus package.