[ExI] Belief in Market Efficiency

painlord2k at libero.it painlord2k at libero.it
Wed Feb 11 14:36:50 UTC 2009

Il 09/02/2009 13.34, Stathis Papaioannou ha scritto:

> What you're talking about here is corrupt government systems. But if
> you eliminate elected officials and their proxies, what is to prevent
> a capitalist oligarchy like the Mafia from becoming the prevailing
> power? This is my main misgiving about anarchism: I don't like being
> controlled by government, but I would like being controlled by
> unfettered corporations even less.

Example of how Mafia like thugs and politically motivated extremists can
become the prevailing power in a democracy (so it is not better than
anarchy in this regard I suppose). I spare you the number of times the
city councils of Italy were disbanded by authority of Home Minister for
Mafia connections.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/mp-who-pursued-racist-killers-to-quit-commons-after-death-threats-454319.html

Mirco