[ExI] Belief in Market Efficiency

Dagon Gmail dagonweb at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 16:54:45 UTC 2009

That's not a fair comparison - maffia like organisations tend to thrive in
third-world
like countries, with a low capacity for democracy, like most muslim
countries, (or
Italy). I am personally convinced democracy is the only thing keeping the
maffia
in Italy from marching off nonpaying citizens to the ovens, as is the case
in most
of Iraq. In fact any Italian or Iraqi advocating some sort of sinister
system of suspended
laws (which these people euphemize as anarcocapitalism) is in my eyes being
suspect of being a covert mob-enabler. It is like a poppy growing warlord in
Afghanistan
advocating "anarchocapitalism" because its good for free markets and
globalization.

Let me restate - any suggestion that democracy would be little use against
the
deeply embedded cultural heritage called "maffia" is immoral, self-serving,
sinister,
deeply corrupt and should be investigated for the full force of the law. It
is the delerious
blather of someone who has no historical consciousness, no human empathy, is

spoiled rotten by modernity and modern luxuries. I'd even call it the
nonsense spouted
by a fool.

2009/2/11 painlord2k at libero.it <painlord2k at libero.it>

> Il 09/02/2009 13.34, Stathis Papaioannou ha scritto:
>
>  What you're talking about here is corrupt government systems. But if
>> you eliminate elected officials and their proxies, what is to prevent
>> a capitalist oligarchy like the Mafia from becoming the prevailing
>> power? This is my main misgiving about anarchism: I don't like being
>> controlled by government, but I would like being controlled by
>> unfettered corporations even less.
>>

> Example of how Mafia like thugs and politically motivated extremists can
> become the prevailing power in a democracy (so it is not better than anarchy
> in this regard I suppose). I spare you the number of times the city councils
> of Italy were disbanded by authority of Home Minister for Mafia connections.
>

> http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/mp-who-pursued-racist-killers-to-quit-commons-after-death-threats-454319.html
>
> Mirco

I said NO SIGNATURE !!!