[ExI] the octuplets mother and what it bodes for the future

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 12:37:06 UTC 2009

Dagon wrote:
The diversity of genes we have implies that a percentage of people will be
unable
to compete in the global marketplace. This is a constant figure - 5% of the
potential
job market are not classified as formally disabled (or after a while do gain
that label
in most modern democracies, if only by default) and simply cannot be fit in
to the
current employability system.

If wellfares are low, these people end up in prison. This is so consistent a
pattern that
we can conclude the genetic component transcend free will (no amount of
threat
will dissuade this percentage, not even executions) and the state will have
to find a
solution to deal with this.

A fascinating concept, but I wonder to what extent it is truly genetic as
compared to family environment (the classic argument)?  I hope you don't
upset the politically correct among us too much with this theory. lol  I
have my fingers crossed that Damien did not read this... hee

I tend to think this element of humanity in previous eras was much better
adapted to living and even thriving.  But our high-tech era of complex
employment skill sets and highly monitored societies with abundant law
enforcement is more than many of these people can bear.  I see these
individuals in my local community and think of them as "people born in the
wrong time" who feel like refugees from the past.  I admit many of them
would have ended up in the stocks, a dungeon, a salt mine or the chopping
block had they lived in another less civilized age and gotten caught for
their misbehaviour.

you continue:
A person cut of from an equitable income, or society itself by virtue of
being stigmatized
in this manner, tends to become pathological, consumes increasing care,
often already
has problems. So giving these people wellfare can make sense, from a
cost-cutting
perspective.

Very true.

you continued:
* when a person is clearly unable to contribute more economic value than he
or she consumes,
that person is marked for euthanasia

* when a person clear consumes more than he or she produces in economic
value, that
person is marked for euthanasia

* when a person consistently uses criminal means to acquire goods,
euthanasia

* As above, low cost internment in a caged environment, slave labour, tent
camps etc. I
think you cannot reduce cost much below 50 unless you can marketize these
people as
a resource. Organ harvesting?

* I suggest you look at a slow escalation if you implement harsher methods,
i.e. what
other cost cutting measures can you apply? Smokers cost ten to fifty times
as much as
they cough up in taxes - hence maybe start making some tough decisions
regarding
smokers (drinkers? Child abusing parents?)

* Parents routinely give inherited ailments to parents. I think parents who
can afford
genetic screening should be held accountable for the societal impact. At the
very least
they should be made to pay.

I suspect the "enlightened" Stalins and Hitlers of the 21st century will
find all such suggestions to be very practical and necessary.

you continue:
* Sociopathy costs society dearly in human misery. A full 5% of people can
be diagnosed
as being psychopaths, and they can and do have high-paying jobs.
Nevertheless their actions
have perpetuated a culture of exploitation, dumping, theft, corruption and
significant human
tragedy. I am for testing people for sociopathic lack of empathy, and
forcing these people
on lifelong psychiatric counseling and making sure they don't enter jobs
where they can damage
society or impact other people's lives.

A genetic test for sociopathy and laws to enforce the identifying of them at
birth (or before) would be in my eyes a very good thing.  Special treatment
programs (and hopefully applied genetic engineering) could minimize the
damage they do to society.  They are the evil mutants among us...

you continue:
Please let me know what you think on these treatments to address the scum
that damages
and exploits society - and make sure you pay less taxes. Because that is a
cause to fight
for, at any cost, to make sure you pay less taxes.

Ohh....., these people just need a big hug and some compassion.  We must
raise taxes to help give them a further helping hand!

Dagon, I thought this was one of the better posts I have read in awhile.  :
)

John