[ExI] kindle 2

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Tue Feb 24 23:38:55 UTC 2009

At 04:23 AM 2/24/2009 -0500, Dan wrote:

>by the way, I've used both the Kindle and the Kindle 2.  :)

What's the text-to-voice like? Does it sound like S. Hawking or a
Dalek? Dragon NaturallySpeaking, the dictation ware I use when I can
be bothered fixing all the speakos, reads in an American woman's
voice (not a dragon's, oddly enough) that tries to modulate, but
leaves no gaps between pars or sentences. True, we tend not to stop
in rapid conversation, but written forms aren't oral and they should
*sound* right. That's what I say, or write.

Damien Broderick