[ExI] consciousness and perception

John K Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 22 18:38:29 UTC 2009

"Ian Goddard" <iamgoddard at yahoo.com>

> Asking where neurally processed sensory phenomena,
> or percepta, are (in or outside the brain) is of course
> fundamental to understanding perception.

Asking what part of the brain produce feelings of perception is not the same
as saying that is where those perceptions are located, in fact asking where
thoughts are located is pretty meaningless. Thoughts and feelings sure don't
seem to be coming from a box made of bone that sits on my shoulders, and
what things seem to be is all that's important. And I strongly suspect most
on this list aren't really very interested in the brain, I'm not. I'm
interested in the mind, I'm interested in what the brain does and less
interested in what it is.

  John K Clark