[ExI] iranian riots all a huge mistake

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Tue Jul 7 19:44:23 UTC 2009

spike ha scritto:

>> ...On Behalf Of Stathis Papaioannou
>> ...Most probably she was a modern, secular woman
>> of the sort that will eventually take over in Iran, as
>> history shows is happening everywhere in the world...
>> Stathis Papaioannou
>

> Hope you are right.  So far I have been disappointed in our species.  We
> seem to be incapable of giving up religious memes.

Well, not all religious meme are damaging. Someone is useful.

> Regarding Neda, the photo that showed the cross was circulated in the news
> in the days after her murder.  The cross was photoshopped out in all those
> early cases.  Or it was photoshopped in the German report.  Have we any
> photoshop gurus who can tell?  Another piece of info: Neda's family have
> been forced out of their apartment and have disappeared.

>From what I red, simply the photos published cut out the part with the
cross and leaved only the face.
>From other comments I red in a blog, it appear that a cross is a common
symbol used in jewellery in Iran, so the possibility that Neda was a
Christian are small.
But the IRI fear enough the religious conversion out of Islam in its
population to propose a law to kill apostates (I don't know if the law
was approved or not). Anyway, already many converted to Christianity
(but probably to Zoroastrianism too) were imprisoned, tortured and
killed in Iran in the past. People usually convert in secret and keep
their conversion secret. So, maybe the cross could be revealing.

Anyway, Neda religion is unimportant. But a sniper could had choose
anyone else around her to shoot, male or female. Maybe a cross could be
the reason he decided to shoot her and not others.

Mirco