[ExI] Basic perfusion inventory list

Dan dan_ust at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 9 13:31:55 UTC 2009

--- On Thu, 7/9/09, Bryan Bishop <kanzure at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I was wondering if someone could help me work out the bugs
> in this
> YAML inventory listing.
>
> http://heybryan.org/~bbishop/docs/perfusion-equipment.txt
>
> I haven't added it to skdb yet because I'm not sure that
> it's
> everything that you need to do basic perfusion (a procedure
> involved
> in cryonics). For instance, serious cryonics usually
> involves liquid
> nitrogen tanks and lots of fancy curve riding mathematics
> and feedback
> circuits. I think this is the equipment to cool the body
> temperatures
> down to dry ice levels.
>
> Anyway, it's not complete, so I'm asking for some help-
> maybe someone
> can see something that I am missing from the list of
> required tools,
> chemicals, materials, items, equipment, etc.

Is the overall container to put the body in covered in the list?  What about the transport?

By the way, in Stanislaw Lem's novel _Fiasco_, one of the main characters is cryopreserved quickly in a portable unit.  It's a sort of last ditch effort when you know you're about to die, you can either die or put yourself in the unit.  Has anyone worked along those lines?

Regards,

Dan