[ExI] Private and government R&D

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 10:16:16 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 11:32 PM, Damien Broderick<thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> At 11:01 PM 7/21/2009 -0400, Rafal wrote:
>
>> >  the wealthy have power over the poor, in the same way
>> > that government has power, but without even the pretence of allowing
>> > the governed a say in how they are governed.
>>
>> ### What makes you think so? Do you see rich individuals and powerful
>> corporations embedded in morally advanced societies routinely
>> squashing anyone that gets in their way?
>
> I'm just going to sit here for a while and marvel at this question.

### C'mon, Damien, give me the smackdown! Just list the hundreds of
thousands of Americans, Europeans, Japanese and other people
ruthlessly squashed by local rich individuals (acting privately) in
this century. This should be easy, there must be megabytes of victim
lists already, no?

On the other hand, I am damn sure you won't find any credible evidence
of Stathis' idols, American or other "democratic" governments, killing
millions of brown people, or spending trillions (not billions) of
dollars on machines designed to slaughter hundreds of millions. No
way.

It's an open-and-shut case, once you look at the evidence. You can
squash me with it.

Rafal