[ExI] Private and government R&D

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Wed Jul 22 21:01:18 UTC 2009

At 06:16 AM 7/22/2009 -0400, Rafal wrote:

>Just list the hundreds of
>thousands of Americans, Europeans, Japanese and other people
>ruthlessly squashed by local rich individuals (acting privately) in
>this century. This should be easy, there must be megabytes of victim
>lists already, no?
>
>On the other hand, I am damn sure you won't find any credible evidence
>of Stathis' idols, American or other "democratic" governments, killing
>millions of brown people, or spending trillions (not billions) of
>dollars on machines designed to slaughter hundreds of millions.

Rafal, I'm not an anarchist by accident. Denouncing government
wickedness is a game all of us can and do play. But you set up the
contrast as if it were a binary opposition, which is ludicrous. And
yes, one step deeper everyone also knows that the power of
corporations and rich individuals is heavily enabled and reinforced
by government, judiciary and statutory entities. The question is, do
corporations and the rich ever "squash" powerless people, not do
governments do so. If you've ever tried to get your due from an
insurance company, the answer will come to you.

Damien Broderick

Database version: 6.12880