[ExI] Mary Magdelene?/was Re: Iran's plan for their gay population

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 13:12:05 UTC 2009

2009/6/6 painlord2k at libero.it <painlord2k at libero.it>:
> Il 06/06/2009 5.16, Stathis Papaioannou ha scritto:
>>
>> 2009/6/6 painlord2k at libero.it<painlord2k at libero.it>:
>>
>>> Christians are bound to try imitate Christ, Muslims are bound to
>>> try imitate Mohammed. Things are so simple.
>>
>> It's not so simple! For centuries Christians went about happily
>> making war, torturing and killing. Ideas about forgiveness, loving
>> your enemy, turning the other cheek etc. did not have much sway.
>
> Could correct this error?
> Turning the other cheek is about not react against insult that don't
> harm you physically, not to let someone to beat you in a pulp.

"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who
hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.
If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If
someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give
to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do
not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you."

Luke 6:27-31

> I agree that Christians not always follow their religion.
> I agree that Muslims not always follow their religion.
>
> Usually, when Christians follow their religion they are better humans
> (more peacefully, more forgiving, more helpful) and when Muslims don't
> follows their religion they are better humans (more peacefully, more
> forgiving, more helpful).
>
> Do you know about ex-Christians organization and Christians threatening
> ex-Christians for their change of religion?
> I know this for Muslims (in UK):
> http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/the_way_we_live/article3530256.ece

Does the burning of Christian heretics count? The fundamentalist
Islamic states are similar to mediaeval Christian states. It is
*secularism*, not the content of religious dogma, that has got rid of
these practices.

> We all know that critics of Christianity are routinely harassed, attacked,
> killed and silenced. Surely that the writer of the "da Vinci Code" is in
> hiding, because his life is threatened by Christians fundamentalists, his
> editors are killed, his Japan translator was knifed down and his italian
> translator too (but he was saved just in time).

In an earlier era, he would have been burned at the stake.

>> Christian America has killed far more Muslims in the past decade than
>> the Muslims have killed Americans,
>
> This is unrelated.
> This is only a measure of skills and powers.
>
> This is a weak point of so many leftist, they look at a behaviour and
> attribute to the person action that he like what is doing. So he must be a
> evil, a lunatic or misinformed.
>
> Why stopping at the past decade?
> Because don't went before? The 200 dead at Dar-el Salam (by al-Qaeda)
> are under Clinton presidency. The first attack to the WTC in New York
> was in the same period. Then the Cole attack. The Kobar Tower attack
> before. Do you forget them? Easy to forget them.
>
> For example, I could say that Palestinians have killed more Italians
> than Italians have killed Palestinians (I have doubts Italians have
> killed any Palestinians). What did Italy do to be at the receiving end
> of terror attacks against synagogues, airport terminals (from the
> Palestinians) and probably the Bologna bomb at the station in the 1980's?
>
> America (not Christian America) killed these Muslims because they were
> Muslims or for some other reason?
> The American killed by Muslims were killed because they were Americans
> (or Christians) or for some other reason?
>

>> and this isn't even a cause for remorse, the usual justification
>> being that they either deserved it or got in the way.
>
> If hundred savages try to separate me from my head and I gun them down
> this don't make me more evil than them, only better at defending myself.
> If some helpless bystander is caught in the crossfire, I'm sorry for
> him, but I will not give my skin for his. The blame go to the party that
> initiated the aggression and gave a damn to the danger posed to the
> bystanders or to other innocent parties.

When your country is invaded and you are killed if you resist the
invasion or get in the way, who is the aggressor?

--
Stathis Papaioannou