[ExI] Flagrant Self-Promotion #4: an interview

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 12:09:11 UTC 2009

Damien, an excellent interview.  I did not know you were referred to as "The
Dean of Australian Science Fiction" but I should have suspected it.  : )

You stated:
We’re continuing to converge with our technologies, as we’ve done for tens
of thousands of years. Modifications of body and mind and ecosystems is
inevitable and accelerating, even though we’re still only in the foothills
of the slope. Meanwhile, in the depths of recession, it mightn’t seem that
way, even for people effectively wired to iPhones and Twitter. But I do
still expect a Singularity or Spike… not that I’m likely to be around to see
it.

I wish you would get signed up for cryonics.  In my estimation (and those of
many others here) you deserve to live in the future worlds you now try
to envision.

John