[ExI] Extropian index and list

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 12:53:43 UTC 2009

On 6/19/09, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:
> I'm admit I'm one of those most guilty of contributing to threads on
>  politics, economics and religion, and I agree these threads mostly
>  have little to do with extropianism.

Well, that depends on how direct a connection you want to extropianism.

If you desire to boldly go into the future, then you probably want to
have enough money to be an early adopter of the latest tech. (Early
usually = expensive).
I doubt if the first rejuvenation therapy regime will be 10 USD/month
at Walmart.

Unusual economic ideas might be a hindrance to accumulating sufficient
money, so discussion of alternative economic behaviors might help.

Most religious beliefs and rituals are also likely to be a hindrance
for extropians. Especially if some research or activities are
forbidden.

Nation-level politics are something that we cannot affect much, so our
political beliefs are probably irrelevant. Though individual political
beliefs could affect our motivation towards extropian objectives at a
local level.

BillK