[ExI] Theory and Its Discontents [was RE: Posthumanism vs. Transhumanism]

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 08:23:26 UTC 2009

2009/6/24 Emlyn <emlynoregan at gmail.com>:
> 2009/6/21 Max More <max at maxmore.com>:
>> Damien wrote:
>>>
>>> [etc etc. Maybe I should put this whole damned book up on the web,
>>> even if it is somewhat out of date now...]
>>
>> Yes, you should! It's crazy that the book is not in print (Amazon lists only
>> one secondhand copy for $127...). I enjoyed the excerpts you posted (and
>> laughed at the poststructuralist vampires in black). Please put it all
>> online.
>>
>> Max
>
> I second that. Also, make sure to put up a way that people can pay you
> something for it if they feel so inclined, even if it's just a paypal
> button.
>
> --
> Emlyn

Actually I just had an interesting thought. Have you ever thought of
announcing that you are accepting sponsorship for a book, before you
write it or at least before publishing? Sweeten it with some status;
you could promise to include the names of all the sponsors in a list
in the front or back of the book (maybe ranked by the level of
sponsorship). I reckon there'd be more than a few scheckles to be had
that way, and it wouldn't preclude also selling the book itself as
usual, excepting that sales might not need to be as good, especially
if the publisher gets some of the sponsorship money. Accepting money
up front like that would be scary for amateurs, but you don't seem to
have trouble producing the goods.

--
Emlyn

http://emlyntech.wordpress.com - coding related