[ExI] Theory and Its Discontents [was RE: Posthumanism vs. Transhumanism]

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 08:32:47 UTC 2009

Emlyn wrote:
Actually I just had an interesting thought. Have you ever thought of
announcing that you are accepting sponsorship for a book, before you
write it or at least before publishing? Sweeten it with some status;
you could promise to include the names of all the sponsors in a list
in the front or back of the book (maybe ranked by the level of
sponsorship). I reckon there'd be more than a few scheckles to be had
that way, and it wouldn't preclude also selling the book itself as
usual, excepting that sales might not need to be as good, especially
if the publisher gets some of the sponsorship money. Accepting money
up front like that would be scary for amateurs, but you don't seem to
have trouble producing the goods.

This reminds me of when B-movie king Charles Band gave everyone who spent
$100 or more on his roadshow merchandise a credit on his next film as an
"executive producer."  I had to fast forward that section for about ten
seconds to get past it! lol  He had a lot of takers...

John  ; )