[ExI] GW and current humankind situation...

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 11:39:33 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 11:13 PM, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com>
wrote:

> At 10:56 PM 3/16/2009 +0100, Stefano wrote:
>
>> I know for a fact that humankind thrived with much warmer climates than
we know today, and this debunk all notion of "impending extinction
unless...",

> Not sure which epochs or eras you have in mind, but I suspect the global
biosphere was significantly different and vastly less monocropped on a huge
scale than it is now, and humans lived very differently.

Admittedly. Absolutely. But then, if we are not discussing extinction,
but "costs", what about the idea that in order to cool the Earth
relinquishing industrial civilisation would be an acceptable price?

Because in such case we would *still* speaking of a reduction of the
Earth population to 1bn, top.

Now, the real point is: if it is possible to reduce GW and if it
exists in the first place, up to which point it is worth doing, and
how? But most GW preachers are exclusively concerned with restoring
the peace of Gaia, the rest is details...

--
Stefano Vaj