[ExI] global warming again.

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 22:05:56 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 10:49 PM, Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com>wrote:

> I simply don't believe you can
> launch projectiles with 5 Mt bombs and not get a huge buildup of
> radioactives in the atmosphere.  Also, I think we need a lot of people
> in space to assemble power sats and there is no way people are going
> to go into space this way.

Why, theoretical studies seem to suggest rather different scenarios,
especially with relatively "clean", especially designed, H bombs, but there
is no doubt that some degree of radioactive pollution would be the price to
pay for a way much lower price-to-GEO for kg of solar power stuff, in view
of supposedly extinction-threatening warming effects of ongoing carbon
emissions., which would be even, albeit in fact very marginally. inflated by
a large deployment of chemical rockets.

--
Stefano Vaj