[ExI] global warming again.

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 22:51:24 UTC 2009

2009/3/19 Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 10:49 PM, Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I simply don't believe you can
>> launch projectiles with 5 Mt bombs and not get a huge buildup of
>> radioactives in the atmosphere.  Also, I think we need a lot of people
>> in space to assemble power sats and there is no way people are going
>> to go into space this way.
>
> Why, theoretical studies seem to suggest rather different scenarios,
> especially with relatively "clean", especially designed, H bombs,

How do you propose to prevent fission neutrons from making vaporized
rock radioactive?

> but there
> is no doubt that some degree of radioactive pollution would be the price to
> pay for a way much lower price-to-GEO

Please explain the orbital mechanics of going from a nuclear powered
cannon launch to GEO.  Earth escape I can see, but how do you propose
to match with GEO?

>for kg of solar power stuff, in view
> of supposedly extinction-threatening warming effects of ongoing carbon
> emissions., which would be even, albeit in fact very marginally. inflated by
> a large deployment of chemical rockets.

How do hydrogen burning rockets contribute to carbon emissions?

Keith