[ExI] mann-made global warming again

Alfio Puglisi alfio.puglisi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 20:44:42 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 9:26 PM, Rafal Smigrodzki <
rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/11/25 Alfio Puglisi <alfio.puglisi at gmail.com>:
>
> > CRU is not the only temperature analysis done. GISTEMP data has been
> > publicly available for a long time. Station data, computer code, the
> whole
> > thing:
> >
> > http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/
> >
> > GISTEMP correlates 0.97 or so with CRU timeseries....
>
> ### GISS and CRU are not independent, see:
>

> http://pielkeclimatesci.wordpress.com/2009/11/25/an-erroneous-statement-made-by-phil-jones-to-the-media-on-the-independence-of-the-global-surface-temperature-trend-analyses-of-cru-giss-and-ncdc/

Sure, they aren't. There are only so many temperature stations in the world.
>From what I gathered in various online blogs, they are mostly based on the
same (public) station data, with some difference in station inclusion. CRU
adds proprietary records from various meteorological institutions. Data
processing is indeed independent.

The point I was trying to make is that, since GISTEMP only uses publicly
available data and computer code and the result is almost the same, whatever
data or algorithm CRU isn't publishing is going to make very little
difference to the outcome.

Alfio