[ExI] "Augmented Reality" in Mobile Devices

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 00:06:31 UTC 2009

>> periods. I know you're supposed to get up and move around and all
>> that, great in theory. I'm wondering if an HMD might help, in that
>> there's no reason you need be so stationary if the screen is strapped
>> to your face.
>
> Another option might be using a video projector, and a reclining chair.

I don't think so; my thinking is that the problem is that the display
is fixed, thus requiring you to also be fixed still in order to look
at it. It needs to be attached to your head so that you can move your
head around (slightly, as is a natural thing to do), and the display
stays in the same place relative to your eyes. So maybe if the
projector was a giant projector hat, but I suspect that might cause
other neck problems :-)

--
Emlyn

http://emlyntech.wordpress.com - coding related