[ExI] Study: Retail health clinics as good as doc office

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Tue Sep 8 13:00:01 UTC 2009

Mirco Romanato ha scritto:

> I know there are, out there, one or more software intended to be used by
> surgeons and students to refine their skills simulating procedures and
> their outcome.
> What would happen if someone, someday, put out a game called "surgery
> room", where players are able to simulate different procedures as they
> are now able to simulate the cockpit of an F16 and different missions?
> Add to it a state of the art cyber-glove able to simulate the resistance
> of different tissues.
> What would be the difference from a skilled player and a skilled
> professional, apart a sheet in a frame on the wall?

I wrote an idea and a few moments after read about this
http://gizmodo.com/5351905/bmws-augmented-reality-glasses-remake-mere-man-into-master-mechanic
and this
http://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2009-09/neurosurgeons-practice-virtual-simulator-removing-brain-tumor

Five years for the BMW stuff to become mainstream, ten for the virtual
surgery to be implemented in a game.

Mirco