[ExI] discordant red shifts

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Apr 18 22:13:32 UTC 2010

> ...On Behalf Of Pat Fallon
> Subject: Re: [ExI] discordant red shifts
>
> Hi Spike,
>
> Thank you for the reply...
>
> > ...The day someone somewhere  can figure out how a star can be
> >massively red shifted without receding  velocity is the day I send
> >Halton Arp my sincerest and most heartfelt letter  of
> congratulations and apology for my own egregious skepticism.
>

> But one could use the same logic and ask that if quasars are
> indeed at the cosmological distances suggested by
> interpreting their red shift as recessional velocity, what
> would explain the prodigious energy output that allow them to
> be seen at that distance?... Pat

Hi Pat, ja I do fully agree it is amazing, mind boggling, to imagine an
eccretion disc so damn hot and dense that it spews mind-boggling amounts of
energy sufficent to appear as they do.  It is puzzling that whatever caused
those discs apparently stopped doing it relatively soon after the big bang.
These are things I cannot explain, however it is possible for me to imagine
the existence of a superheated eccretion disc a few weeks or even a few days
in diameter.  I could even imagine that globs of matter undergo spontaneous
fusion just before it falls over the event horizon, even though quasar
theory doesn't have that in there as far as I know.  I tried to use that
line of  reasoning to imagine black holes nearby, associated with Arp
galaxies, but I can't get the equations to work out, without having the
black holes bigger than their Arp galaxies, which would cause major
gravitational distortion to the galaxies.

That being said, if anyone can find a mistake the reasoning for the quasars,
and can explain these puzzling fireballs, I will rejoice loudly in the
streets until the nice men in the white coats carry me away.  This quasar
puzzle has been bugging me for over 30 yrs now.