[ExI] The mosque at Ground Zero

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 3 14:34:00 UTC 2010

On Aug 3, 2010, at 2:48 AM, Olga Bourlin wrote:

> I find Pat Condell's style so obstreperous that he makes me want to turn him off.

There is no disputing matters of taste.

> What exactly is "intelligent" about his video?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjS0Novt3X4

He says several things that are true, he says nothing that is untrue, and he says things that need to be said.

> On the other hand, here is something I find much more "intelligent":
> http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2010/08/street-level-view-of-ground-zero-mosque.html

Among the skyscrapers of Downtown Manhattan it's not unusual to be unable to see something less than 500 feet away if you are a ground level, but if you are in a skyscraper in Downtown Manhattan you are unlikely to be at ground level.

I should be reconciled with the phenomenon by now but it is still fascinating to watch a certain breed of self hating liberal frantically making excuses for the medieval and repulsive actions of Islam, while if their own culture had done things one tenth as evil and stupid would be foaming at the mouth with self    righteous indignation.

  John K Clark