[ExI] The mosque at Ground Zero

Olga Bourlin olga.bourlin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 14:28:06 UTC 2010

2010/8/3 John Clark <jonkc at bellsouth.net>:
> On Aug 3, 2010, at 2:48 AM, Olga Bourlin wrote:
>
> I find Pat Condell's style so obstreperous that he makes me want to turn him
> off.
>
> There is no disputing matters of taste.
>
> What exactly is "intelligent" about his video?
>  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjS0Novt3X4
>
> He says several things that are true, he says nothing that is untrue, and he
> says things that need to be said.
>
> On the other hand, here is something I find much more "intelligent":
> http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2010/08/street-level-view-of-ground-zero-mosque.html
>
> Among the skyscrapers of Downtown Manhattan it's not unusual to be unable to
> see something less than 500 feet away if you are a ground level, but if you
> are in a skyscraper in Downtown Manhattan you are unlikely to be at ground
> level.
> I should be reconciled with the phenomenon by now but it is still
> fascinating to watch a certain breed of self hating liberal frantically
> making excuses for the medieval and repulsive actions of Islam, while if
> their own culture had done things one tenth as evil and stupid would be
> foaming at the mouth with self    righteous indignation.
>   John K Clark

Hmmm.  John, do you think the Constitution is a liberal rag?

"Mayor Michael Bloomberg got it just right in a speech  on Governors
Island, within view of the Statue of Liberty. He called the proposed
mosque 'as important a test of separation of church and state as any
we may see in our lifetime, and it is critically important that we get
it right.'”

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/04/opinion/04wed1.html?_r=1

Olga