[ExI] Music fails to chime with Islamic values

darren shawn greer dgreer_68 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 5 00:23:48 UTC 2010

>> http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/aug/02/iran-supreme-leader-music-islam
A quote from the article:

["There were times I sang a song by Banan (a popular vocalist) for him and he  told me to avoid music and instead pray to God", said Asadi, who shared a cell with Khamenei for four months in Moshtarak prison in Tehran in 1976 and stayed friends with him for several years after the revolution.]

I wonder if Khamenei wanted to be a musician when he was a kid, and all he could get out his piano was arabesque kitsch, kind of like der Fuhrer with the canvas and the paint.