[ExI] will raise bugs for food

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 00:57:16 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 8:30 PM, Dave Sill <sparge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 8:27 PM, Mike Dougherty <msd001 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> "Ew, eat a pig?  They're gross"
>
> No they're not. They're intelligent and clean, when they're not raised
> in a factory.
>
> And goats don't eat tin cans.

Ok, 'sounds like you might have a pet pig.  I know someone with a pet
pig.  Certainly the pig is smarter than their dog.  Having met both, I
doubt I'd be willing to process either one from walkin-around animals
to skillet-ready.  I'm pretty happy with the modern approach to meat:
shrink-wrapped in a foam tray at the grocery store.  If there's a
substance that provides the same nutrition and is as tasty as meat
that doesn't require chopping up animals, I'm all for it.  Quorn is
pretty good.  That TVP riblet substance is pretty good too.  I'll give
bugburgers a try when I see them in my grocer's freezer.

When I first saw this subject line from spike, I assume he was
offering to provide a service in exchange for food.  Then I realized,
"No, he is talking about literally eating bugs"  :)