[ExI] will raise bugs for food

Gregory Jones spike66 at att.net
Thu Aug 5 01:37:44 UTC 2010

--- On Wed, 8/4/10, Mike Dougherty <msd001 at gmail.com> wrote:

>...When I first saw this subject line from spike, I assume he was
offering to provide a service in exchange for food.  Then I realized,
"No, he is talking about literally eating bugs"  :)

Ja.  Of course that carries its own moral dilemmas for some.  We slay one cow to feed many proles, but many bugs would need to be slain to feed a single prole.  On the other hand, most bugs are revolting beasts, at least to normal people.  Shrimp would be the seagoing version of the same moral dilemma.  These too are revolting looking beasts, but so good are they to devour.