[ExI] will raise bugs for food

Gregory Jones spike66 at att.net
Thu Aug 5 23:26:47 UTC 2010

--- On Thu, 8/5/10, Mike Dougherty <msd001 at gmail.com> wrote:

> ...If that fails, you can rely on the
environmental friendliness of eating bugs instead of cows - you know
because of all those horrible greenhouse gases from cow "moo"s...
.
.
.
This is exactly where I am going with this.  Currently we devour warm blooded beasts, which is highly inefficent because so much energy is wasted keeping the beast warm, and because it takes up so much real estate to raise them.  It doesn't work to adapt cold blooded beasts for food animals (other than snake meat and alligator tails) because in general they grow too slowly.

But insects produce protein, grow fast and are cold blooded.  So we somehow figure out how to program them to go out and eat kudzu and morning glory, then when grown, return home lay eggs and climb into a vat of some sort, which is mixed with caustic solvents and heated to render a huge protein rich soup, from which low cost fat and oils are extracted, most likely to be mixed with low quality silage of some sort and fed to hogs.