[ExI] one tenderloin, hold the face, please

Sabrina Ballard sabrina.ballard at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 8 02:21:24 UTC 2010

I think an important thing, perhaps to consider, it the shift in
perspective that would be required for "vat-meat" (VM throughout) to
the general public. Unless we are considering NOT labeling it, which I
would consider very un-transhumanist.

And still, I believe that perhaps VM would not be the best use of
these turbines. This would just be creating another power drain,
contributing to the power issues, at least for the short term.

I also agree that the food web puts non-vat meats at an ecological and
energy disadvantage. A simpler solution would be to eat lower on the
food chain.

However, VM could have some useful aplications, especially in space
colinization, where it would be impractical to bring large numbers of
animals.

There may also be some health hazards associated with VM that none of
us have considered. Personally, the only thing I can think of is
chemical contamination, but that is already present to a large degree
in the US meat supply (I do not know about the statistics of other
nations).