[ExI] they aren't words, but should be

Gregory Jones spike66 at att.net
Mon Aug 9 21:11:40 UTC 2010

--- On Mon, 8/9/10, Sabrina Ballard <sabrina.ballard at hotmail.com> wrote:

>...to spean- to think/speak/write in a transhumanist fashion. Ex. I was
speaning about religion...

I like it.  {8-]  There is a great deal of speanly dialog that occurs on this forum.  I thought the term had a vaguely erotic sound without the vulgarity, so that one could imagine a pair of very technologically sophisticated scientists meeting after hours in the lab, making comments such as, "...Oh doctor, I am so very aroused!  Do spean me now, spean me with sufficient thoroughness that my mad hormonal desires are fully sated..."  etc.

Damien wrote a book (Transcension?) that included just such a pair of aroused scientists.  It is the funniest thing I have ever read.

>And what is the currently accepted spelling of the Koron...

Well, I have never actually seen your suggested spelling, but I can deal:

A chemist who often worked with boron
Took literally the verses of the Koron,
He mixed it in a certain way,
But himself only did he slay,
So NO VIRGINS FOR YOU, silly moron!

Sabrina, be duly forwarned, our group often displays a certain speanish playfulness.  We have two grandmasters of the art among us, Damien Broderick and Jeff Davis.  Do feel free to join in the use of words as playthings, the raucus misuse of language.