[ExI] Religions and violence

Ben Zaiboc bbenzai at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 10 12:46:00 UTC 2010

Sabrina Ballard wrote:

"Have you ever met an athiest who doesn't believe in science?"

... aand this is how various people can claim that "Atheism is just another religion.  See? you believe in science!".

Speaking personally, I'd very strongly deny that I 'believe in' science.  It's belief that is the root of the whole problem of religions in the first place.

Science is useful.  It can be demonstrated to work, and is the best methodology we've discovered so far for understanding the world.  But that's all it is.  A tool, not a belief system.

Ben Zaiboc